Top 10 Software Solutions for Shipping and Receiving in 2023
Originally published on October 3, 2023 by Erhan Musaoglu, Updated on October 3, 2023
To simplify finding and picking the best shipping and receiving software for your warehouse, we’ve compiled and compared some of the best products in this guide.
Here are the key takeaways to know about shipping and receiving software:
- Shipping and receiving software platforms streamline and optimize goods storage, logistics, and order fulfillment processes.
- The software helps you stay updated regarding the quantity, location, and destination of all inventory within and outside your warehouse.
- Benefits of using shipping and receiving software include improved order fulfillment accuracy, inventory control, and cost efficiency.
- Picking the right shipping and receiving software for your warehouse requires comparing each product’s price, features, user-friendliness, and scalability.
- The Logiwa WMS is the preferred shipping and receiving software because it’s easily adaptable, scalable, and capable of managing and automating various shipping and receiving processes.
- What is Shipping and Receiving Software?
- How to Choose Shipping and Receiving Software
- Best Shipping and Receiving Software Comparisons
- Optimize Shipping and Receiving with Logiwa
- Shipping and Receiving Software FAQs
What Is Shipping and Receiving Software?
These tools typically have features that track inventory, manage orders, and automate various inventory movement and storage processes. The platforms work by leveraging data from your barcode scanners, RFID systems, inventory and order management systems, and shipping carriers to keep you updated about inventory status.
With the help of such software, you can easily stay updated regarding the quantity, location, and destination of goods within and outside your warehouse. It also improves order fulfillment accuracy, boosts overall warehouse efficiency, and enhances decision-making by providing data-driven insights.
What Are the Benefits of Shipping and Receiving Software?
- Efficiency and accuracy enhancement: Shipping and receiving software can automate various inventory management and order fulfillment processes. Automating such processes allows you to get more work done in less time and reduces the errors that typically occur during manual order processing. Fewer errors and increased order processing speed lead to improved warehouse efficiency and order fulfillment accuracy.
- Optimized inventory management: The top shipping and receiving applications help maintain accurate inventory records by automatically updating stock levels. Real-time updates of your inventory records will keep your warehouse organized and simplify finding the best stock to complete orders. Updated records also provide valuable inventory insights that facilitate making data-driven restocking decisions.
- Cost reduction: Automating shipping and receiving operations reduces reliance on human labor to run your warehouse. Since labor costs make up most of your warehouse expenses, using less human labor will help you save money. Also, human errors cost warehouses a significant amount of money yearly. With automation, your warehouse can minimize the occurrence of such errors and become more cost-efficient.
- Improved customer satisfaction: Shipping and receiving software help speed up order processing and improve order fulfillment accuracy. This contributes to improved customer satisfaction because clients can receive orders faster and with fewer instances of wrong item delivery. Happy customers will give positive reviews and are more likely to become repeat customers, which is good for business.
- Visibility and tracking: Shipping and receiving software provides real-time visibility into inventory and shipment statuses so you can respond to issues faster. It also provides valuable insights that help identify areas of improvement you can optimize to boost warehouse efficiency and productivity.
- Simplified compliance and documentation: The software simplifies complying with industry regulations and standards by automatically generating packing lists, shipping labels, and other necessary documentation. The solution also reduces your paperwork with digital and automated record-keeping.
How to Choose Shipping and Receiving Software
Pick the right shipping and receiving software for your warehouse by considering these factors.
Choose a shipping and receiving solution that gives you value for your money by providing the features you need to optimize your warehouse operations. However, the solution shouldn’t be above your budget. Otherwise, you may fail to renew your subscription on time and lose access to the system, leading to downtime, lost data, and other issues.
The ideal shipping and receiving software will offer various features for optimizing inventory management, order processing, and other warehouse tasks. Compare various software to find the one with the features that match your warehouse’s unique needs.
For example, do you want a cloud-based mobile software that gives you remote control over shipping and receiving or a secure on-premise solution?
User-Friendliness and Scalability
Choose a shipping and receiving solution that is easy to onboard and use. The easier it is to use, the faster you can experience value with it. Scalability is also crucial because it ensures the software can continue satisfying your needs as your company grows.
Limited scalability can cause downtime, bottlenecks, and performance issues when your needs exceed the solution’s capabilities.
Best Shipping and Receiving Software Comparison Table
|Key Features||Integrations||Hosting||Use Case|
Rating: 4.2/5 (G2)
- Real-time inventory visibility and control
- Rate shopping
- Storage optimization
- Smart automation
- Scalable and adaptable
- Mobile app
Choosing Logiwa to manage and automate shipping and receiving offers great value because you get more than just shipping and receiving software. Logiwa is a comprehensive warehouse management system optimized to streamline every essential warehouse process, including receiving, storage, shipping, picking, packing, and more.
Since it’s highly configurable and scalable, you can easily adapt Logiwa to match your warehouse’s unique needs as they evolve. It’s also user-friendly and easy to onboard, ensuring your time to value is as short as possible.
Another reason to choose Logiwa is its hassle-free integration options that allow you to seamlessly connect your existing tech stack and create a unified warehouse ecosystem. For instance, you can integrate Logiwa with your preferred carrier partners to automate rate shopping and pick the best shipping method for each order.
You can use our Logiwa cloud software as a desktop solution or manage your warehouse remotely with its mobile app. Besides being feature-rich, Logiwa is competitively priced.
Rating: 3.7/5 (G2)
- Amazon FBA integration
- Inventory management and reporting
- Pick, pack, and shipping automation
- Quality control
SkuVault is another warehouse management system with shipping and receiving management capabilities. Its shipping and receiving features help streamline and fast-track ecommerce order fulfillment processes. For example, the system can automate picking, packing, and shipping to improve order fulfillment accuracy and speed.
SkuVault also has a quality control feature that prevents mis-picks and damaged items to ensure customer satisfaction. You can easily integrate SkuVault with various other solutions to optimize inventory management and shipping. For example, you can integrate it with ShipWorks to turn invoices into pick lists.
Alternatively, integrate SkuVault with Amazon FBA to leverage Amazon’s warehousing, order fulfillment, and shipping services. You can pay as little as $449 monthly to use SkuVault, but this plan only supports 2,000 orders per month.
Rating: 4.1/5 (G2)
- Many integrations
- Inventory control
- iOS and Android mobile apps
inFlow facilitates stock receiving in a warehouse by providing a centralized solution for controlling and managing inventory storage. Besides ensuring efficient inventory storage, inFlow provides insights into incoming and outgoing stock so you can plan and automate replenishment.
With inFlow’s Android and mobile apps, your team can monitor and manage inventory from their mobile devices or computers. For example, your team members can use inFlow’s mobile app to create quotes, create shipping labels, and email invoices to customers.
Lastly, inFlow integrates with over 50 carriers to fast-track and automate picking, packing, and shipping processes. You can get inFlow for as low as $89 monthly, but you’ll need a higher plan if you process over 100 orders each month.
Rating: 4.3/5 (G2)
- Automatic order tracking updates
- Order and shipping management system
- Label printing
- Shipping discounts
ShipStation is an order and shipping management solution with fewer receiving capabilities than other software options on our list. The order management feature helps organize orders and automate fulfilling them so you can serve customers with greater speed and accuracy.
Its shipping features are even more impressive. You can integrate ShipStation with multiple selling channels and carriers. Sales channel integration lets you process orders in real-time while integrating with carriers gives you access to the best shipping rates and times. The system even gives you access to instant savings of up to 84% from UPS, DHL Express, USPS, and other top shippers.
Lastly, ShipStation eliminates the need to update customers about order statuses manually. The system automatically and instantly updates tracking information, providing it to customers so they don’t have to ask you. ShipStation’s lowest plan costs $9.99 monthly and covers 50 shipments monthly.
Rating: 4.2/5 (G2)
- One-click integration
- Inventory and order management
- 24/7/365 support
- Automation rules
ShipHero is an impressive WMS that can handle everything from order and inventory management to picking and packing automation. Its receiving and putaway tool, which you can access with the ShipHero mobile app, simplifies storing newly received stock. You can allocate SKU storage to specific areas and get updates regarding the storage and movement status of inventory.
You can also use ShipHero as a third-party partner to store inventory and fulfill orders on your behalf. Choosing this option eliminates the hassles and costs of maintaining a warehouse yourself. ShipHero’s standard WMS is available for $1,995 monthly while using the brand as an order fulfillment center requires getting a custom quote.
Rating: 4.0/5 (G2)
- Web app
- Smart automation
- Quick and seamless label creation
- Shipping insurance
Shippo is another solution suitable for businesses that want more of a shipping manager than a receiving manager. You can access it as an easy-to-use web app or a customizable API that you integrate into your existing tech stack.
With it, you can automate and execute a variety of shipping processes to boost your warehouse efficiency. For example, you can personalize shipping labels and customer notifications to offer branded customer services. It also integrates with top carriers to compare and offer you the best shipping options.
Since team members can collaborate through a shared Shippo account, you don’t have to worry about mix-ups or communication issues. The starter plan is free, but you need a paid plan to access automation and support for up to five user accounts.
Rating: 4.3/5 (G2)
- Customer portal
- Mobile scanning
- Billing and shipping automation
- Reporting and analytics
Extensiv offers you two options for managing shipping and receiving. The first option is to connect with a fulfillment center that will handle inventory and fulfill orders on your behalf and to your specifications. The second option is its warehouse manager solution for managing incoming and outgoing inventory and automating various inventory processes.
Your team can access and use the Extensiv warehouse manager from the comfort of a smartphone or tablet. It provides easy-to-understand and real-time updates regarding what’s in your warehouse, what needs restocking, and the cost of replenishment. Its automated validation process can manage receiving, picking, and packing for you to ensure on-time and accurate order fulfillment
Rating: 5/5 (G2)
- Store inventory fulfillment
- Inventory management system
- Software integrations
- Analytics and reporting
The Deposco cloud-based fulfillment platform helps you make data-driven decisions regarding shipping and receiving. For example, its real-time stock level, status, and location insights allow you to choose the best spots to store incoming goods. You can also use the insights to facilitate inventory retrieval to complete orders.
Other benefits provided by the Deposco warehouse manager are inventory replenishment, reorder automation, and multiple software integrations. The software integrations are crucial because they seamlessly connect Deposco with your other systems and facilitate the exchange of relevant warehouse and inventory data.
Rating: 3.0/5 (G2)
- Order management
- Sales channel integration
- Flexible fulfillment network
- Reporting and analytics
Shipedge is a centralized solution for managing the coming and going of inventory from your warehouse. The WMS offers tools for comprehensively managing inventory processing and order fulfillment operations.
With its shipping tools, you can quickly and cost-effectively generate shipping labels, package orders, and ship them out. The platform is ideal for ecommerce companies, 3PLs, and brands of all sizes, and the mobile application reduces the need to invest in costly hardware.
Rating: 5/5 (G2)
- Various hardware integrations
- Multi-warehouse management
- Putaway optimization
- Inventory synchronization
Analyzing and optimizing your warehouse’s inbound, storage, and outbound processes is less work with the Hopstack WMS. The all-in-one platform can manage your entire inbound logistics and provide quality checks to optimize your receiving and storage processes.
You can even configure and automate your putaway process by picking between directed putaway, fixed location putaway, and dynamic putaway.
Hopstack also has you covered for shipping with its intelligent order fulfillment feature. You can use it to manage, automate, and optimize picking, packing, sorting, and shipping to boost warehouse efficiency. Lastly, with Hopstack, you can manage multiple warehouses from a single system and get real-time updates regarding inventory levels, order routing, and more.
Optimize Shipping and Receiving With Logiwa
As we’ve shown, several top-notch shipping and receiving platforms are available. However, if you want a fully adaptable, scalable, and user-friendly solution that does it all, the Logiwa WMS is the way to go. With Logiwa, you can manage, automate, and monitor your shipping and receiving processes with one solution.
Also, Logiwa is more affordable and offers a competitive time to value, thanks to its reasonable professional service fees. Request a free demo today to experience the many benefits of choosing Logiwa to optimize managing your incoming and outgoing inventory.
Shipping and Receiving Software FAQs
Q: What is shipping and receiving software?
A: Shipping and receiving software platforms are digital warehouse management solutions designed to streamline and optimize a warehouse’s processes related to the receiving, storage, processing, and shipping of goods. These tools offer features that track inventory, manage orders, and automate various inventory movement and storage processes.
Q: Why should businesses use shipping and receiving software?
A: Benefits of using shipping and receiving software include improved order fulfillment accuracy, enhanced inventory control, cost efficiency, increased warehouse efficiency, real-time visibility into inventory and shipment statuses, and simplified compliance and documentation.
Q: How does shipping and receiving software enhance warehouse operations?
A: The software streamlines and optimizes goods storage, logistics, and order fulfillment processes. It helps businesses stay updated regarding the quantity, location, and destination of all inventory within and outside the warehouse.
Q: Which factors should be considered when choosing shipping and receiving software?
A: When selecting shipping and receiving software for your warehouse, it’s essential to compare each product’s price, features, user-friendliness, and scalability.
Q: Why is Logiwa WMS considered a top choice for shipping and receiving software?
A: The Logiwa WMS is preferred because it’s adaptable, scalable, and capable of managing and automating various shipping and receiving processes. It offers real-time inventory visibility, rate shopping, storage optimization, and smart automation, among other features.
Q: Can shipping and receiving software help in reducing costs?
A: Yes, automating shipping and receiving operations with the software reduces reliance on human labor, which can lead to significant savings. Additionally, the software minimizes human errors, which can be costly for warehouses.
Q: How does shipping and receiving software improve customer satisfaction?
A: The software speeds up order processing and enhances order fulfillment accuracy, leading to faster deliveries and fewer instances of incorrect item deliveries. This results in happier customers who are more likely to give positive reviews and become repeat customers.
Q: Can shipping and receiving software integrate with other systems?
A: Yes, many shipping and receiving software platforms offer integrations with barcode scanners, RFID systems, inventory and order management systems, and shipping carriers to provide comprehensive and up-to-date inventory status.
Q: How does Logiwa WMS stand out from other shipping and receiving software?
A: Logiwa WMS is a comprehensive warehouse management system optimized for various essential warehouse processes. It’s highly configurable, scalable, user-friendly, and offers hassle-free integration options, making it a top choice for many businesses.